Renovating kitchen cabinets

A little over 6 months ago, my husband I bought a house. Before we moved into the house we scrapped the popcorn ceiling and painted all the rooms in the house. That took about a week. We've done a couple little projects in house like new light fixtures, etc. Our kitchen cabinets were a dark brown color with door knobs in the middle of the cabinet.
Picture taken before we moved in.
We dealt with the color, until I could no longer deal with the color and awkward positioning of the door knobs. My husband were at Lowe's one day, getting a weed wacker when I told him, "hey, let's look at a color of the cabinets". We decided to get a quart of grey (paint made for cabinets). I said we'll only paint two doors to see if we like it.
Well we liked it! I decided I was going to work on the kitchen that week. It took about 6 days from when we painted the first two cabinets. I worked on about 2 to 3 cabinet doors a day and painted the cabinet while in between coats on the doors. It took about 3 coats for the cabinet doors. Our doors were a little tricky since we had the whole in the middle. I found wood filer and used that to fill the holes both on the inside of the cabinet and on the outside. That was a process in and of itself lol. Well here is the end result.
Cabinets are finished!!
Lighting isn't the best in this picture but you get the main picture. We bought new hardware too, thank goodness my hubby had a template for drilling the handles, sometimes he's handy like that ;). It's definitely still a work in process. It still needs new counter tops, sink, doors need painting and light fixture but it's coming along :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Pie Day

make the most of life

home alone